REVIEW/SHOP Staying Fresh Smelling Longer in our Humid Weather

I love having fresh smelling hair; who doesn’t? With my daily exercise regime I wish that I can skip the daily wash and remain stay fresh smelling. Perhaps you’ve been caught in situations when you have no time to wash up after preparing dinner for a cosy party, and wish you hair didn’t smell of all the cooking? With Christmas just round the corner, perhaps Elastine perfumed shampoo and conditioner range can come in handy.
 

TRIAL / REVIEW
Both shampoos smell great and lather well. As the shampoos lather up, the bathroom is filled with the respect scents. I love it when my hair almost instantly softens and leave my hair untangled after I massaged the conditioner onto the length of the hair. The shampoo doesn’t leave my hair limp, as you can see from the before after shots.

I prefer to use a leave in conditioner so that my hair is less dry (please see pictures below). In fact, the day after the shampoo, my hair is surprisingly softer and silkier.

One thing I’d like to highlight is that although the sales person won’t say the shampoos have a difference in scent intensity, for me the aroma of Pure Breeze is more easily detectable and seem to fragrant any small space that I am in as the hair is left to dry naturally, as compared to Love Me. So those of you whom I met while trialling this shampoo range, this is the answer to why my “perfume” seems to be more overpowering than usual.

The real question is how long does the scent last on the hair? For me it can last up to three days. And there wasn’t any layer of oily residue on my scalp on the third day, as compared to when using my usual shampoo and conditioner.

FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Elastine Shampoo & Conditioner de Perfume Shampoos and Conditioners are scented with:

Pure Breeze
Top Notes: White Rose and Geranium
Middle Notes: Bulgaria Rose, Muguet, Water Lily
Base Note: White Tea, Cedar wood and Musk

Love Me Range
Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit and Peach
Middle Notes: Orange Blossom and Jasmine
Base Note: White Musk and Ylang-Ylang

Why are these scents chosen? Well, Korean celebrity Kim Tae Hee, known for her roles in Korean dramas Love Story in Harvard and Iris chose them. However, note that perfume expert Jean-Marie Santatoni, who was involved in the development of CK and Sonia Rykiel Homme scents also helped to put the scent together. The scent was introduced into the range with the use of a patent pending Scent Emulsifying Technology by LG Household & Healthcare.


Effects on Scalp and Length of Hair:
Curry Plant Flower Oil, Jojoba Oil and other conditioning agents moisturise and leave hair glossy and manageable.

On a visit to The Face Shop retail store, there was a sign indicating that the shampoo also prevents scalp itch.
One day after using Pure Breeze shampoo and conditioner. No leave in conditioners used

VERDICT
Both shampoos are great and I would have both so that I can alternate the scents I wear according to my moods. The only limitation is that there are only two scents to choose from. Perhaps Elastine could look into a greater variety soon. I’d be so glad I used this shampoo range during a hectic period when I have so many chores to complete in between making an impromptu trip to the neighbourhood store. With the scent in the shampoos and conditioners, I avoid spritzing my regular perfumes to avoid confusing the scents. Would you?
  
Elastine Shampoo de Perfume and Conditioner de Perfume in Pure Breeze Shampoo and Love Me are available at S$12.90 each. Each of them is packaged in a 600ml pump bottle.

The range retails at The Face Shop outlets.

4 comments:

  1. I'll try it when I get back to asia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Thanks for sharing the review!

    Just wondering where did you get the products from (I saw S$ and The Face Shop, but where)? I am living in Perth and have been trying to get the products but I have no clue where to find other than online.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous, these products are sold at The Face Shop outlets in Singapore. You can google The Face Shop to get in touch with their staff at any of their offices around the world. I am sure they will be happy to point you in the right direction. Thank you for viewing Simply Beauty SG:)

      Delete
  3. There is another scent called " kiss the rose" .. Google elastine " kiss the rose " to view. Scent is almost like the other 2

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your topic related comments/responses to contests. Thank you.