REVIEW/STRENGTHEN SENSITIVE SKIN WITH The Face Shop Calming Seed

According to The Face Shop, sensitive skin is marked by signs of skin discomfort like pain, soreness and redness. To confirm if skin is sensitive, ask yourself if three or more of the following descriptions best describe your skin:

QUIZ
 Skin irritation occurs when there is a change of weather, temperature or stress
 Skin trouble occurs when there is a change of skincare products
 Skin is so dry that dead skin cells appear at most areas of skin
 Skin turns red easily
 When you use your fingernail to press against forehead, the nail mark stays longer than 5 minutes


My skin is mildly sensitive, although it does not turn red easily, bumps sometimes appear on my skin in the middle of the day or when oil is not removed promptly or thoroughly. Those bumps under my lips, which I thought were pimples have been the most difficult to get rid of even with serums or pimple creams that used to clear pimples on other parts of my face, until I trialed The Face Shop Calming Seed Skin-resting Cream. Details below:

REVIEW of #TheFaceShop #Calming Seed Skin-resting Cream
This light-weight cream spreads easily and does not leave any oily residue on the skin. After using this cream twice a day for close to two weeks, I noticed that whenever I run my fingers under my lips the familiar bumpiness is no longer there. I am rather surprised as other moisturisers for acne skin has not helped at all.

What’s great about The Calming Seed Range
1.      Contains 95% natural origin ingredients.
2.      Free from 10 additives: Synthetic preservative, synthetic fragrance, artificial colouring, ethanol, animal-sourced ingredients, mineral oil, benzophenone, triethanolamine, talc and sulfate.
3.      Contains two active ingredients: Tamanu seed and calming pharmacy ingredient liquorice extract called glycyrrhizin.
4.      Tamanu Seed regenerates, strengthens and protects skin. It is used as a folk remedy by Polynesian women to protect their skin from the effects of exposure to the scorching hot sun and skin-drying sea breeze, and known for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Today it is used to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis, redness and atopic itch.
5.      Glycyrrhizin is a type of saponin found in in Ginseng, which is excellent for treating hives, dermatitis, eczema and other skin allergies.

6.      For sensitive skin, it targets skin problems like flushes, redness, tautness and itch.



VERDICT                                                              
I suspected that the bumps under my lips may be a kind of rash as one of my nephews and my grandniece would have a huge pimple-like rash appear on their faces whenever oil from food is not wiped off promptly. Although my condition is not as severe as theirs, leading to most beauty therapists thinking that it’s a cystic pimple. Thus I am so amazed when my skin cleared up soon after starting on this cream. As you would know I am a firm believer of serums and in the case of sensitive skin, I am also convinced that a gentle skin cleanser is just as important as what I apply on my skin. But for this trial, only The Face Shop Calming Seed Skin-resting Cream was used and it has worked wonders. Now I use this cream to moisturise the skin around my mouth and a whitening moisturiser on the other parts of my face. Those who have rashes should perhaps give this a try too. Perhaps this skincare range would be great help in these hazy days ahead.


The other products in this range:

Calming Seed Mild Bubble Foam Cleanser, S$24.90
Calming Seed 1 Second Mist Toner, S$37.90
Calming Seed SOS Care Essence, S$50.90
Calming Seed Skin-Resting Cream, S$55.90 

Skincare Tips For Sensitive Skin
1.      Keep skincare routine simple, with gentle cleansers, moisturisers and sunscreen.
2.      Include new product one at a time to allow skin to adapt to the ingredients, and to make it easy to weed out likely aggressors.
3.      Avoid abrasive face scrubs, as they could aggravate the skin condition.
4.      Do a patch test before using any new products.

5.      Hydrate adequately by drinking enough water every day. Although this is some doctors indicate that this is debatable, it may make good sense to drink 3 cups of water for every cup of coffee or tea consumed, as the both beverages are diuretics, especially after heavy consumption of such beverages and if skin is dehydrated. 


The Face Shop products retail at The Face Shop outlets.

2 comments:

  1. For more information about Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatments Delhi visit him on the web today or call for a consultation, 9268797532.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review. I have dry sensitive skin so I am hoping this product is ok for me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your topic related comments/responses to contests. Thank you.